Branded video production can be confusing. Video production and digital marketing are changing rapidly in the last few years.
With advances in technology, it is now easier than ever to produce high-quality, professional-looking branded videos to help your company’s marketing efforts. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to start.
What Is Branded Video Production?
First, let’s take a step back and define what branded videos are.
Branded videos are a type of video production that is produced to promote a brand, product, or service. They are usually shorter than other types of videos and often have a more polished, professional look.
Branded videos can be used for a variety of purposes, such as to increase brand awareness, showcase new products or services, or drive sales.
If you’re a marketing director looking to produce branded video content to increase sales, here are a few tips to help your videos stand out from the crowd:
Set your marketing goals for branded video production
Tip #1: Define Your Goals and Objectives
Before you start producing branded videos, it is important to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve.
It is essential to know what message you want to communicate, who your target audience is, and what action you want them to take after watching the video.
Taking the time to answer these questions will help determine the overall tone and style of your video.
Short videos are critical for branded video production
Tip #2: Keep Your Brand Video Production Short and Sweet
It’s no secret that people have shorter attention spans than ever before. In fact, a recent study found that the average person’s attention span has decreased from 12 seconds to 8 seconds in the last 15 years!
With this in mind, it’s more important than ever to make sure your brand video is short, sweet, and to the point. Ideally, you want to keep it under three minutes.
Why? Because anything longer than that is likely to lose your viewer’s attention. And if they’re not paying attention, they’re not going to remember your brand or what your video was about.
So how do you make sure your brand video is short, sweet, and to the point? It all starts before you begin the branded video production process. Here are a few tips:
- Keep your message clear and concise: You only have a few seconds to make an impression.
- Get to the point quickly: Don’t beat around the bush – get to the point quickly and let your viewer know what your video is about.
- Use visuals: A picture is worth a thousand words, so make sure your video is full of engaging visuals that will help tell your story.
- Keep it lively: No one wants to watch a boring video, so make sure your video is full of energy and keeps your viewer engaged.
High-quality footage and graphic design
Tip #3: Invest in High-Quality Footage and Post-Production
High-quality footage is a must for any branded video production. After all, if your video looks like it was filmed on a budget smartphone, potential customers will assume your business is not worth their attention.
On the other hand, if your video looks like it was produced by a professional video production studio, potential customers will be more likely to trust your brand and do business with you.
There are a few things you can do to make sure your branded video has high-quality footage:
- Use a professional camera. This may seem like an obvious tip, but it’s worth repeating. If you want your branded video to look its best, you need to use a professional camera.
- Use a tripod. shaky footage is a major turnoff for viewers. To avoid this, make sure to use a tripod to keep your camera steady.
- Edit your footage. Post-production is important. Once you’ve filmed your branded video, it’s important to edit the footage to ensure a high-quality final product. This includes things like cutting out any dead space, adding transitions, and adding music or sound effects.
Branding in branded video production
Tip #4: Use Branding Elements Sparingly
Your brand videos should be just that – a video that showcases your brand. However, this does not mean that every frame of your video needs to be plastered with your logo.
Use branding elements sparingly, such as including your logo at the beginning and end of the video or using your company colors in the title sequence.
When it comes to branded video production, less is more. You don’t want to overcrowd your video with too much information or too many visuals. Keep the focus on one main message and make sure that message is clear.
Tip #5: Hire a Professional Voiceover Artist
A great way to add polish to your branded video production is to hire a professional voiceover artist. This will give your video a more polished and professional feel.
Voiceover artists can also help to sell your product or service by adding an element of trustworthiness and credibility.
Music in branded video production
Tip #6: Use Music to Set the Tone
Music is a great way to set the tone of your branded video production. It can help to engage your viewer and keep them interested in what they’re watching.
When choosing music for your video, make sure to choose something that fits the overall tone and message of your video.
Call-to-action to increase sales
Tip #7: Include a Call to Action
The whole point of creating a brand video is to promote your business, so make sure you include a call to action at the end of your video.
This could be something as simple as telling viewers to visit your website or follow you on social media.
A call to action (CTA) is an essential element of any effective brand video. A CTA is a statement or instruction that encourages your audience to take a specific action, such as visiting your website, subscribing to your YouTube channel, or making a purchase.
Your CTA should be clear and concise, and it should be placed at the end of your video so that viewers are reminded of what they can do next.
Here are a few tips for creating an effective CTA for your branded video production:
- Keep it short and sweet. Your CTA should be no more than two or three sentences long.
- Make it actionable. Use strong verbs such as “discover,” “learn,” or “explore” to encourage viewers to take action.
- Test and measure. Try out different CTAs to see what works best for your audience. Use analytics to track how many people take action after watching your video.
Branded video production on social media
Tip #8: Use Your Brand Videos for Social Media Marketing
Social media is one of the most powerful tools at your disposal when it comes to promoting your brand. And what better way to utilize social media than by posting engaging branded videos?
Social media is a great way to reach potential customers and promote your branded videos.
Use hashtags and keywords to help potential customers find your video.
Music for your branded video
Tip #9: Choose Your Branded Video Production Companies
Choosing the right video production company is essential to the success of your brand video.
You want to work with a company that has experience producing high-quality, professional-looking videos.
There are many ways to go about finding the right branded video production companies. Here are a few tips:
- Ask for referrals from friends or other businesses who have had a great experience with their production company.
- Research companies online and read reviews from past clients.
- Meet with a few different companies to get a feel for their work style
It is no secret that producing a branded video in 2020 requires a different set of skills than it did in 2010. The landscape has changed, and technology has evolved.
If you follow these best practices, you will be well on your way to producing a branded video that is sure to stand out from the competition.
Branded Video Production Irvine and Orange County
The Corporate Film Guys – the Branded Video Production Experts
Located in Orange County, California, the Corporate Film Guys is the premier video production agency in Irvine, California.
From concept to post-production, we’ve been creating videos and social media marketing videos for more than 30 years. In that time, we have learned a thing or two about what it takes to produce videos and make them successful.
If you need help producing videos, the Corporate Film Guys is always here to help. Contact us today to get started.