How to Create Engaging Amazon Product Videos
If you are an Amazon seller, you probably spend a lot of time wondering how to stand out on Amazon. By producing an Amazon product video, you provide shoppers with an engaging experience that helps them make a decision.
A quality video helps shoppers see how your product may make their lives better. In an old-school retail store, shoppers get to try on or try out a product. Video offers the next best alternative.
A survey by Animoto found 96% of shoppers found video helpful when deciding whether to buy a product. More specifically, 84% said they wish more Amazon sellers included videos in their product media.
Benefits of Producing Amazon Product Videos
The top benefit of producing great Amazon product videos is that you may sell more products. Video makes it easier for shoppers to imagine how your product fits in their lives. They can see it in action in a way they simply can’t from a still photograph.
Technical Specs to Help You Get Started
Keep your Amazon product videos short; you can show much information within one minute. Amazon allows videos that are up to 12 minutes long.
Product videos are similar to other social media content like TikTok videos and Instagram Reels. You need to hook your audience immediately and create a video that works, whether the sound is on or muted.
How to upload an Amazon product video
In the past, sellers had to enroll in Amazon’s Brand Registry program before they could upload video content. They recently changed this policy, but we recommend you enroll for better control of your product listing, advertising opportunities, and increased protection.
To upload your video, go to Seller Central, select “Inventory” from the menu, and click on “Upload and Manage Videos.” Amazon accepts a variety of common video formats, including 3GP, AAC, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, and MPEG-2 files.
Whatever you do, be sure to follow Amazon’s Video Content Policy to avoid rejection. For example, avoid:
- Making unsupported claims about your product
- Making inflammatory or disparaging comments about another seller or competitor
- Including company contact information in your Amazon product video (you could make two versions one for Amazon and another for other channels like YouTube)
- Content that is socially divisive, political, or controversial
- Infringing on anyone else’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property
Read the Content Policy linked above for the full list of things to avoid.
In addition to adding the video to your product description media, you may also run sponsored video ads on Amazon to capture the attention of shoppers searching for products like yours.
Types of Amazon Product Videos
Amazon suggests keeping your product videos specific, product-focused, and descriptive.
If you are unsure what kind of content to produce, consider some of the most popular types of video used in Amazon product listings.
- Showcase the product’s highlights, features, and benefits.
- Unboxing video that shows the process from opening the packaging possibly through set-up.
- Lifestyle video showing the product being used by members of your target audience demographic, these videos can be aspirational.
- Explainer and tutorial content that offers information about the product or how to use it.
- Comparison video highlighting how the features or specs measure up against the competition. Just be careful to keep it honest and avoid naming other competing brands.
Each of these types of video engages specific types of people. For example, tech lovers often enjoy seeing an unboxing video, so they see exactly what comes in the box and how easy it is to set up. The best option depends on your ideal customer or target audience.
You may also produce a series of videos if one isn’t enough. Keep the video “evergreen,” rather than focusing on specific seasonal promotions, aim for a more timeless video showcasing the product in an engaging way.
Hire a Professional to Create an Outstanding Amazon Product Video
While a high-quality video may increase engagement and product sales, a low-quality video can cause shoppers to bounce to a competitor’s listing. Consider hiring a video production professional for best results.
The Corporate Film Guys offers corporate video production Orange County brands trust. We offer Amazon product videos that help increase your conversions.
We produce high-quality videos starting from ideation through publishing on your listing. Our team of video experts will handle each step in the video production process.
Contact us for details about how we can help your Amazon product listings come alive.