The Importance of Video Content
Even today, some businesses aren’t sold on the idea of branded video content. So perhaps these cynics might be persuaded by a simple list of facts and data about the power that video has in the digital marketing space—as well as video’s effect on a company’s bottom line.
Here are several statistics that might turn video doubters into believers.
The Power of Video
- Online video is consumed thoroughly by 55% of people—more than any other type of content. And 37% of viewers will watch a typical video all the way to the end.
- When people watch a video, they tend to retain 95% of its message. That compares to just 10% of the message retained by reading text.
- Eighty-five percent of the American internet audience watches online videos. In fact, about a third of all internet activity worldwide is spent viewing video content.
- Facebook is the most impactful social media channel for video. In fact, it has at least 8.4 times the impact of any other social channel in cyberspace.
- Every day, people watch over 100 million hours of videos on Facebook. That amount of time is spread out over eight billion different videos.
- Eighty-five percent of all Facebook videos are viewed with no audio.
- The average video on Facebook garners 135% more organic reach than the typical photo on Facebook.
- More than half a billion hours of videos are viewed on YouTube every day. And every minute, another 72 hours of video content is uploaded to the YouTube platform.
- YouTube boasts about a billion users—or about 1/3 of the people who use the entire internet.
- During prime-time hours, YouTube reaches more adults on mobile platforms than any cable network reaches on television.
Video for Brand Marketing
- In 2016, three out of every five marketers incorporated video content into their social media marketing. That’s good—because 43% of people say they want to see more marketer-produced videos in the future.
- Seventy-three percent of marketers plan to increase their use of video in the near future. And 83% of them say they would produce more video content if they weren’t constrained by time, budget, or resources.
- Fifty-one percent of marketing professionals point to video as their content type of choice for achieving the highest return on investment.
- Seventy-three percent of B2B marketers report that video has a positive impact on their ROI.
Using Video Successfully
- Videos under two minutes in length tend to have the highest levels of engagement.
- In general, video tends to attract two to three times as many monthly visitors to a particular webpage as a standard one does.
- Despite the ubiquitousness of mobile, about 86% of all business-related video content is viewed on a desktop browser.
- The most popular time period during the week for watching business videos is on Wednesday between 10 am and 2 pm Eastern time.
- When a company incorporates video in its online marketing, it typically sees a clickthrough rate that is 27% higher and a web conversion rate that is 34% higher than a company that doesn’t use video.
- When a landing page contains a video, its conversion rate is more than 80% higher than a similar landing page with no video. Also, that page with a video is 53% more likely to appear on the first page of search engine rankings.
If you could use some assistance creating professional, compelling video content that will get results, we encourage you to give us a call at 855-FILM-GUYS (855-345-6489). We’ve got the perfect solution for your needs and your budget!