Video’s significance as an essential component of e-commerce has profoundly changed since “Me at the Zoo” became the first video posted on YouTube in 2005. A platform once known for short, quirky videos and digitized films and content from yesteryear has transformed into a powerful, versatile social media platform.
A well-designed YouTube presence enhances marketing and promotes your business. Many corporations have developed YouTube channels, but simply posting content or managing a YouTube presence the way a company did in 2015 … or even 2020 … is no longer sufficient.
YouTube by the Numbers
Before looking at ways to enhance your corporate YouTube channel, consider the impact of this platform:
- After Google, YouTube ranks second as the most popular search engine.
- An essential part of YouTube’s global impact is its localization, creating distinct viewing experiences in over 80 languages and over 100 countries.
- More than 62 percent of the platform’s watch time occurs on mobile devices, making it a perfect marketing tool for people on the move.
- In 2021, it was estimated that 62 percent of the world’s consumers use YouTube.
- As of January 2022, YouTube counted more than 2.5 billion users who logged onto the site each month, as well as many others who see embedded content available through other platforms or sites.
Tap the Potential of YouTube
Businesses must strive for impactful YouTube optimization. Value this platform as a way for your message, products, and services to become a part of your customers’ regular routine. Below are eight important strategies for your corporate YouTube channel to succeed:
1. Post Content Meaningfully and Strategically
- Place content on YouTube that serves the company’s strategic objectives.
- Consider the channel an extension of your brand identity, focusing on what you sell or do.
- Keep content relevant, rather than excessive.
- Remember that too much unorganized content may consign it to a spam filter in YouTube’s algorithm.
2. Create Brief and Impactful Content
- Remember that the attention spans of mobile watchers are measured in minutes, not hours.
- Say more in less time.
- Keep most videos on the platform to less than 10-15 minutes.
- Content that covers longer periods can be divided into a series or individual “chapters” as segments.
3. Envision Your Videos as a Pillar of the Company’s Marketing Strategy
- Avoid thinking of YouTube as a dusty, digital vault of content by remembering the power of branding in your videos.
- Instead, consider it a powerful marketing component that complements marketing via blogs, email, Facebook and other social media, and traditional initiatives.
- Embed videos and make content accessible across your online presence so it is shared across sites.
- Build the impression that your marketing and concern for your customers are visible in many places.
4. Remember the Value of the Title and Metadata
- Keep titles short, engaging, and understandable, with more significant content in the summary.
- In a digital swamp, well-selected keywords provide access and promote clarity.
- Tap the potential of SEO in your Your Tube videos, so people discover your content.
- Understand the significant importance of YouTube annotations and playlists.
5. Focus on Fun and Engaging Content
- Even instructional and technical videos should have fun elements.
- Use attractive covers to attract viewer interest.
- Remember that captivating art encourages users to click on your YouTube videos.
- Align cover art practices with your branding themes to create a consistent message.
6. Interact and Engage with Viewers
- Consider ways to communicate how you care for your customers when designing a video.
- Develop videos that respond to concerns and show how your company has made positive changes.
- Entertain while teaching, informing, and sharing.
- Once the video is done, evaluate ways to provide the greatest impact and interaction possible.
7. Add that Call-to-Action
- Encourage viewers to subscribe.
- Offer opportunities to comment, link, and share.
- Provide options to answer their questions.
- Respond timely to keep them engaged.
8. Collaborate with the Best
Consider an Orange County video production company with experience. For the best corporate video production, Orange County is home to the Corporate Film Guys.
Select a company familiar with the video design process, from concept to post-production. Contact the Corporate Film Guys to learn more.